Maltway was founded by Alan Mayo and Richard Walton in 2001 They have been leading training programmes since the early 1990's when they were founding members of PwC's client training division and prior to that qualified as accountants with PwC. They have been working as training consultants and providers to leading UK and international companies and public sector bodies ever since.
Richard Walton ACA BSc
Richard has been consulting, developing and delivering training programmes since 1992 and is an expert in the field of learning evaluation. Working with both the public and private sector Richard has analysed training needs, led training and workshops in:
- project and senior management team development; helping team members to understand and the team to make best use of the abilities that each member brings to the team
- development and delivery of a national project team training programme to help procurers within local authorities work effectively within their teams and with their partners
- development of training strategy and training materials for the roll out of a new national taxation process
- the global implementation of financial controls and risk assessment frameworks to financial controllers of a major oil and gas company
- consulting skills and problem solving techniques for the management teams and internal auditors of an international beverages business
Richard developed the PwC methodology in the application of learning evaluation and training strategy effectiveness and has spoken many times on these topics at conferences. He is also an experienced assessor, having worked on the largest retraining assignment of a bankassurance sales team in the UK and is Insights accredited.
Alan Mayo FCA BSc
Alan develops and delivers training programmes in business systems and processes, financial management and financial reporting. He has been a full time training professional since 1991 and qualified as a chartered accountant in 1984. His training experience includes:
- developing training strategies and tools and managing training teams for the roll out of end user training in support of major business process and systems change
- supporting public sector and not-for profit managers in the use of their business processes and financial and risk management systems
- developing and delivering training for financial analysts; from corporate finance teams to business managers in local authorities
- training the finance teams of numerous organisations in the UK and internationally in preparing them for the transition to IFRS and with ongoing IFRS updates, with a specific focus on public sector and upstream oil and gas
- developing knowledge and application of International Public Sector Accounting Standards(IPSAS)