Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
When we communicate with you we access personal information that we hold about you. The personal information we hold about you is likely to include your name, email address, the organisation you represent and business and or mobile telephone number(s).
We hold this information because:
- you have contacted us and provided us with the information (in person, by letter, phone, fax or email), or
- following a contractual or other legitimate contact with someone in your organisation
- we have been provided by you or your employer with your details for the purpose of fulfilling that contract, or
- we have obtained your personal details, through your organisation's web site or telephone switchboard, to fulfil that contract or potential contract or for other legitimate reason
- We may also hold personal data on individuals where people in our organisation have personal relationships with them which may have arisen from previous business relationships (e.g. employer/employee relations, customer/supplier relations), networking events,alumni memberships, contacts through social media sites etc. Where we hold such data within our organisation we believe that:
- We have identified that we hold it for a relevant legitimate interest (such as furthering the future business interests of our organisation and of the individuals concerned)
- Holding that data is necessary and there is no less intrusive way to achieve the same result
- We are confident that the individual's interests do not override those legitimate interests
- We only use individuals' data in ways they would reasonably expect
- We are not using individuals' data in ways they would find intrusive or which could cause them harm.
We hold personal information primarily to communicate with you:
- Where we have, or have had, contractual relationships with you we hold your data to maintain that contractual relationship with your organisation and so that we may contact you in the future should we believe that your organisation may be interested in similar business relationships.
- Where we do not have a past or present contractual relationship with you or your organisation, we hold your information for legitimate interests such as:
- Responding to you where you have initiated a communication with us
- Communicating with you, as a representative of the organisation that you work for, about potential contractual relationships which your organisation has initiated with us
- Maintaining individual relationships as described above
- In addition, we hold personal information, such as names and business contact details, for legal, taxation and accounting purposes in relation to past and present customers and suppliers
- We also hold information to comply with the law and for insurance purposes in relation to present and past employees and contractors. This information may include personal details such as dates of birth and national insurance numbers, and home contact details.
- We may also hold information on you from your participation on a training event that we have held. We hold this information for purposes agreed with you and/or your employer or for administration or evaluation of the training and in some cases to provide information to you.
We store the information we collect about you on our electronic address database and email retrieval system which is held and maintained by us and is stored on our electronic devices (personal computers, mobile phones and tablets) and on the Cloud through 3rd party data processors. We also store information relating to employees, customers and suppliers (past and present) in our accounting package.
The personal data that we hold is protected using:
- Physical access protection over devices (e.g. personal computers, mobile phones and tablets) that hold or can be used to access personal data
- Password protection to access devices or open applications that hold or can be used to access personal data through devices
- Firewall and virus protection to protect personal data from being 'hacked'
- Password protection and encryption employed by 3rd party data processors which hold our data on the Cloud.
We review the personal data that we hold regularly and where we have not had legitimate contact with you for a period of more than 18 months we remove your personal information, except for information pertaining to our personal relationships with you, which be held for the duration of such relationships. Where personal data has been collected from a training event, once we have used this information for the purposes it was collected for, all personal details that we hold are deleted by us.
We do not share the personal information we hold about you with any other person or organisation outside of our business without your explicit consent and we do not use if for any purpose other than those stated above.
You have the right to request details or the personal information that we hold about you, update it or have it removed at any time and can do so by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request for a nominal fee as allowed for in the GDPR regulations within one month of the date that you make your request.
If we find a breach of security that compromises your personal data we will report that breach to the Information Commissioner and to you, informing you what information we hold that may be compromised and any actions that we take to rectify that security breach.
Information Collection and Use of Information from the Web Site
Maltway Limited is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
Log Files and Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Log Files
Our web hosting provider, Names.co.uk, logs usage information for our web site on IP addresses. This information is used to provide us with a statistical summary of pages that are visited, frequency of visits, host names, referers and user agents to enable us to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Links to other web sites
We have provided links to other sites, outside the control of Maltway Limited, that we think you may find useful. If you click these links, you will leave Maltway Limited and enter sites that may have different privacy policies. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
The Data Controller
294 Lordship Lane
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org